FREE WEEK // AUSTIN, TEXAS
The first week of January 2018 in Austin, Texas - some chilly weather, the back to work blues, and a time to binge on some music (aside from the normal Netflix). During one of the slowest weeks of the year, over 20 venues open their doors across the city and invite you to enjoy shows for free.99. Red River Cultural District hosts the events to cultivate creativity, promote music business, and support local artists.
Listen to this playlist of a few of my favorite Austin artists mixed with some new discoveries that will be playing this week.
Here are also the shows that I recommend!
- Tuesday, January 2nd - The Wild Now, Tinnarose, Rival Waves at Stubb's (8pm)
- Wednesday, January 3rd - SMiiLE, Thor & Friends, Kraken Quartet at the Mohawk (6:30pm)
- Thursday, January 4th - Wood & Wire with The Deer, Buck Meek, Middlespoon at the Mohawk (7pm)
- Friday, January 5th - Duncan Fellows, Gold Fronts, History Dept at the Hole in the Wall (8pm)
- Friday, January 5th - Marmalakes, Growl, Lola Tried, Tres Oui at the Mohawk (8pm)
- Saturday, January 6th - Moving Panoramas, Lowin, Go Fever, Vonne at Valhalla (8:30pm)
- Saturday, January 6th - Star Parks, Go Fever, Abram Shook, Good Field, Big Breakfast at the Mohawk (7pm)